Tuesday, March 16, 2004

now and zen show update

March 16, 2004 Tuesday

Dear All Participating Artists,

Because of the overwhelming response, I've made an executive decision to limit two works per artist, which reflects the restraint nature of Zen, (and because oddly enough there are two simple words in the title of our show). I thought this would be an interesting criteria, the Now which expresses the immediacy of moment the present and the Zen, an indescribable word which I hope all of our art works will not so much as try to reflect this but just be. I've tried to answer questions about the nature of the show and I find it hard to express this in words. So hopefully being limited to two works which vaguely express the nature ‘Now and Zen’ should suffice. The works that I have chosen did not really require much thought and mainly came by as I thought about these art works that keeps coming back to my mind or through coincidences that I came to discover your works! Strangely this has defined the work that I now want to pursue. Putting together a show of this nature has influenced me greatly.

-Duc

No comments:

Search This Blog