Monday, February 08, 2010

Can Tho

Okay where to start? First Friday is a great art scene in the SE part of Portland. I was at the 23 Sandy for the artist reception. The place was packed. I got to see my friends and my teacher!
I stood near my image 'Indian Point' to answer questions. Near me stood Josh Hobson's and his image "Coming, Going, Coming."
I asked Josh where that was taken and when he said 'Can Tho', I could not believe my ears. That's where I grew up I tell Josh this. Josh was listed as a non-portland artist because he was just a few weeks ago. His picture arrived in Portland before he did. Josh had travel with his wife in Vietnam and Korea (to teach English). Portland has welcomed Josh in a big way because his other image is showing at the same time at the NewSpace Center for photography. (The show is call Carnival.)

I had to show Chris Bennett's picture: 'View from Hart Mountain'. I thought it was quiet a coincident and thought I make a post of it. The show will be on until the end of February.

No comments:

Search This Blog