Saturday, October 01, 2005

hi fi

My Adventures in Hi Fi Fi:
Date: 2005-10-01, 9:07AM PDT


I've got a nice pair of 2 way classic Advent legacy speakers that need a new home. Nothing wrong with them I've just got too many speakers. The cabinets feature a 10" long throw woofer (just re-foamed and good for another 20+ yrs.) and a 1" tweeter and they sound great. All of the drivers work as they should. The cabinets are black vinyl with a solid pecan wood top. There are a few scratches on the sides and the grills have a few small rub holes up against the grill frame but like I said they sound great and are a great value. Call Joe

well I did and ended up with a BeoVox which is currently blaring out Dave Mathews...
Have you ever heard of Clips horn speaker?? I had the opportunity yesterday. It is a piece of furniture. The cross section is a work of cabinetry.
I answer Joe's Craig's list and drove out to the country to see the Advent Legacy. Joe's house is full of speakers and other junk. His wife puts up with it and he makes decent money from his hobby restoring old speakers that he finds at garage sales. Joe knows his product and has a discerning eye and instinct for the valuable rare collector's items. His wife tells me he has netted profits beyond what he pays for. The speakers had fetched a grand on EBay.

His wife desperately wants him to get rid of his junks. Joe is a musician, a drummer to be exact. He has several pairs of drum kits. One set has a very low serial number.
He took me to another room and left me there to peruse over a cabinet while he look for a pair of BeoVox. I accidentally knocked over a cardboard box full of white socks and other dirty laundries.

I should have brought a camera with me. Joe is very convincing and a good sales man. He doesn’t much like his day job and has reduced his hours to tend audiophile business. I wish I was more productive in my hobbies.

I'm really happy to google tool bar with spell checks. I don't have to use word to check the spelling.

No comments:

Search This Blog