Friday, February 06, 2009

Violinist

I listen to Bach violin solo by Hilary Hahn. On the flight to Frankfurt, I listen and watched a video concert of Julia Fischer. First she plays the violin then the piano. I was very impressed. She looked older the Hilary Hahn. When I was on land, I check her Wiki page. She’s 25 where as Hillary is 30. I guess Hilary has a young face. I wonder if Hahn is an Asian name, Perhaps Korean? There are no sources about her parents. Hilary is much more media savvy then Julia. Hilary has her blog, Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, and Youtube page. Julia has just the professional web page. Julia is from Germany. I thought her dress is lovely and black with Chris-crossing straps to caress her small white skin frame. I still remember seeing Ann Aikiko Meyers playing Saint-Saens. Rondo Capricio. I also have a CD of Ann playing other Saint-Saens pieces. It seems that violinist picks a certain composer and stay with it through out her career. For Hilary, it is Bach. For Ann, it is Saint-Saens. Ann began playing at the age of four and debut at the age of seven. In fact all three of these violinists began at the same age. I’m thinking of Malcom Gladwell’s new book ‘Outlier’. It compares the ages and background of certain successful types. I would like to look at these young violin protégées.

No comments:

Search This Blog