Monday, August 15, 2005

lexly87bungee


lexly87bungee
Originally uploaded by lexly87.
i went bungee jumping for the first time in aug 14 2005


It’s not as bad as one would think…at first I was against it
But when we got there it was not as high as it was in our mind.
Yes it was the crazy polish couple that urged us on.
Nina really wanted to try it and I didn’t want to stop her. I didn’t want to be left out of the experience either.
They got about seven people to go jumping. More girls then guys actually. There was one other couple.
A bunch of people from another group that we didn’t know.
I saw an old man jump so I decided that I would go to it.
The father and his daughter and son jumped. They try to get the mother to jump but she didn’t want to. The daughter didn’t make a sound. We all scream like mad.
Nina jumped before me and I jumped last in the group. I didn’t want to and didn’t decide to jump until the last minute. So for me I didn’t spend so much time fretting about it.
It’s very strange feeling…hard to write about it. It’s similar to an awakening. The first step off into air is amazing really. You don’t hear or see anything for a few seconds and then you see the ground rushing towards you. I closed my eyes then. The ride up because of the bungee bounce is strangest and this happens for two times. We all hang in mid air and stay like that for a few seconds. It’s all very disorientating.
We both decided to do only one jump in our lives and we wouldn’t do it again. But it’s safe because we saw many jumps and it’s not logical that you can fall form the harness. It’s very tight fit.
We talk about it more after the jump and now have an intense shared experience.

No comments:

Search This Blog