Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Raymond Carver

Aren't those two stories great? Another of my favorites of his is "Fever." It really reminded me of my breakup with my ex-girlfriend, the character of the wife in the story made me think of Emily. It was cathartic for me to read it.
I will loan you my anthology of his next time I see you. I love his characters and what he writes about, plus his style is so cool. He comes from the Hemingway school of writing: Never use three words when one will do. That's why I love Hemingway and Carver, and hate Woolf and Proust.
I tried to do a search on the net for the performance but didn't find much info. It will have been on for quite a while so we should be able to get in. Hopefully it will not be sold out. Maybe we can meet at the theater at about 6:45 and just take our chances. That is what Carver would do, he wouldn't try any of this fandango.com BS. Of course, he'd also show up drunk....
Anyway let me know if that sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Search This Blog