Tuesday, April 06, 2004

sivak

Diner with Maria Sivak. We talked about art, inspiration and process. During the dinner with Maira: boat journey metaphor suite case as metaphor. She believe an object has the power to contain memory. she found a suite case one day. she was going to give it away to good will but found that she could not. she put it in the closet.
god...why is it so slow to write about this wonderful conversation. i wish that i had record this. i want to buy an mic for my minidisc.
She got me to think more about my project. i casual made origami abstract piece which i kept with me for a long time...then i photographed it one day out of the need to tinker. and now begins an obssession with the object.

I saw this sculpture who made a long boat and then set a carcass of a rib of an animal on it.

No comments:

Search This Blog